cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are the ACLs in Cat3560 statefull or stateless?

Hello

Are the ACLs in Catalyst 3560 works like stateful or stateless firewall in latest software version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

alexandrfedchenko wrote:

Hello

Are the ACLs in Catalyst 3560 works like stateful or stateless firewall in latest software version?

Alexandr

Standard and extended acls on all devices are stateless ie. they check each packet in isolation. You can use the keyword "established" in an extended acl for TCP connections to check the syn/ack in the packets and you can use reflexive access-lists which are a little more stateful although i'm not sure the 3560 supports reflexive acls.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CSCO11584685
Level 1
Level 1

AFAIK if you use reflexive ACL then it is statefull, if you use the normal ACL then it would be stateless.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

alexandrfedchenko wrote:

Hello

Alexandr

Standard and extended acls on all devices are stateless ie. they check each packet in isolation. You can use the keyword "established" in an extended acl for TCP connections to check the syn/ack in the packets and you can use reflexive access-lists which are a little more stateful although i'm not sure the 3560 supports reflexive acls.

Jon

i'm not sure the 3560 supports reflexive acls

No, it isn't.

The switch does not support these Cisco IOS router ACL-related features:

Non-IP protocol ACLs (see Table 34-1) or bridge-group ACLs

IP accounting

Inbound and outbound rate limiting (except with QoS ACLs)

Reflexive ACLs or dynamic ACLs (except for some specialized dynamic ACLs used by the switch clustering feature)

ACL logging for port ACLs and VLAN maps

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swacl.html

Many thanks to all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card