Views
Helpful
Replies

IPC Set Variable Action UCCX

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using a IPC to comunicate CAD with a third party application. We are using IPC Set Variable Action, but it seem that it doesn't work correctly. Indeed of we have tried IPC Make Call Action and it works fine. I'll try to explain myself as clear as I could:

• We have a ECC Variable named user.Idioma.
  • This ECC variable is included into a layout and it showed in it as Idioma with the correct value.
  • From the external third party app we send to the CAD app the following code:
    • <?xml version="1.0"?><IPCActions><IPCSetVariableAction><ActionName>IPC Set Variable Action</ActionName><Variable>user.Idioma</Variable><DataValue>english</DataValue></IPCSetVariableAction></IPCActions>

Although we send the xml code, the variable is not modified.

Could anybody help us with this?

Regards

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the agent able to modify this data within CAD directly? If not, you need to allow this through CDA on the Enterprise Data node of the workflow group. This is covered on page 67 of the Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide for CAD 6.6 for  Unified CM.

psalvador
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antonio

We are experiencing the same issue.

How did you overcome this problem?

Thank you

Hi,

we have solve it setting the variable as follows:

user.Idioma|Idioma

Using both fields concatenated with a pipe.

HTH.

If this works please rate it.

Regards

Hi

Thank you very much for the tip. It works using the following format:

...Field Name|Display Name ...

We are experiencing another issue, which is related with the refresh of Layout fields in CAD.

When the variable is changed using the IPC Set Variable, it's value is not refreshed in CAD. Have you solved this issue?

Thank you and regards

Hi,

you are experiencing the correct functionality. You will only view variables refreshed when you transfer the call to a new destination (for example an other agent).

Varibles values never be refreshed in your own desktop.

HTH

Regards

Antonio

If you found this post helpful, please rate it.

polat.taskin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do not change this value?

My scenario is;

call comes agent (callvariable2 set english by IVR), Agent start a conference call with authentication IVR.

when the call conference then The value must be replaced new value

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: