Wired Guest Network

Answered Question

To the forum,

I am trying to create a guest wired network using my WLC 4402 (5.2.193.0). I have attached a diagram of basic lay out. I am using this document - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml - as a guide. The problem is I have a single WLC and not anchor in the DMZ. When I try to configure a ingress interface for the "WLAN" my only option is none.

My plan is trunk the layer 2 link that terminates on my perimeter firewall with both VLAN 199 (Guest wireless) and VLAN 198 (Guest Wired).

I would greatly appreciate any input or suggestions.

Doug

Correct Answer by leejohns about 6 years 8 months ago

Doug,

You must create a "guest LAN" layer 2 interface on the WLC.  This will be the ingress interface on the L2 vlan the wired guest will be in. Then the egress interface is going to be the L3 network those clients will actually have their IPs in.

Lee

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
leejohns Tue, 08/03/2010 - 10:07
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Doug,

You must create a "guest LAN" layer 2 interface on the WLC.  This will be the ingress interface on the L2 vlan the wired guest will be in. Then the egress interface is going to be the L3 network those clients will actually have their IPs in.

Lee

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content