Filtering for ?

Answered Question
Aug 2nd, 2010
User Badges:

I am trying to filter the command "show ip bgp" to include only routes learned through redistribution so I have tried to filter based on routes that contain a path of ?. My question is: how do you filter for the question mark without it displaying a help command? Is there a wildcard that will ignore the ? as a help indicator and interpret it as text?

Correct Answer by Jon Marshall about 6 years 11 months ago

vancamt76 wrote:

I am trying to filter the command "show ip bgp" to include only routes learned through redistribution so I have tried to filter based on routes that contain a path of ?. My question is: how do you filter for the question mark without it displaying a help command? Is there a wildcard that will ignore the ? as a help indicator and interpret it as text?

It's a number of keystrokes ie. "sh ip bgp | include" followed by

1) a backslash (to make the ? literal text)

2) ctrl-v ie. the control key + the v key pressed at the same time

3) then the question mark

Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jon Marshall Tue, 08/03/2010 - 05:06
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

vancamt76 wrote:

It's a number of keystrokes ie. "sh ip bgp | include" followed by

1) a backslash (to make the ? literal text)

2) ctrl-v ie. the control key + the v key pressed at the same time

3) then the question mark

Jon

Actions

This Discussion