Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8 - unable able to search directory for users via CUPC

Shaun Bender
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We're running CUPS 8 w/ CUCM 7, the integration with CUPS and CUCM  is working. I can see the users that are in CUCM(using LDAP(Active Directory) sync).

I've created the "Application > CUPC > LDAP Profile Configuration" and I can see the correct users there, along with users here "User Management > End User"' in CUPS.

People can login fine via CUPC, however searching the directory for "users" are not showing anything, however I can search for my own username and that works---if I search using the username vs. a first or last name.

What could be a possible issue?

Thanks

Shaun

13 Replies 13

Shaun,

Did you solve this as I have same issue.

Many Thanks

No, not yet. I think it *might* be related to the CUPS version, I thought about changing out to the "latest".  However, everything that I've read shows that it should work with the current config/setup.

Let me know if you come across anything.

Thanks.

I have the latest release of CUPS, CUCM and CUPC

About to launch TAC Case

Cool .. if you would, let me know what you find out!

Thanks.

Simple fix.

I needed to put a search context into the LDAP profile.

However the documentation for CUPS 8 states that this is optional. Clearly NOT!

Hhmm .. interesting .. I have a "Search Content" ... and I see users in the "Users in Profile" section.

Still not able to search users from CUPC.

And this resolved your issue? Maybe you could send me a screen cap of your settings?

Thanks

I also have the same problem - CUPC 8 clients get an error on LDAP "Host/Network" Reports Server unavailable - CUPC 7 clients get a green check on LDAP and can do lookups - Same LDAP profile for both client versions

I do have a Search Context

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same thing here.  Please let me know.

Thanks.

Craig

Hey Craig,

I never got my issue resolved, however didn't spend too much time with it once I hit that road-block. BUT---I'll be looking into it more in about/roughly 20 days.

If you do find something out between then, let me know.

-Shaun

Hi,

I'm running:

CUPS  8.6.1.10000-34

Jabber for Mac 8.6.1 (18300)

and having weird issues with the LDAP search context.

If I do:

ou=group1,dc=example,dc=com

or

ou=group2,dc=example,dc=com

it works fine, but if I do this...

ou=group1,dc=example,dc=com#ou=group2,dc=example,dc=com

It doesn't work.

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks,

Shaun

Hi,

I am not using LDAP on cups 8.6.2, cupc 8.1.

I am having may be similar problem that I can't search the company directory to add user. however, I can add them manually and text them.

Is it a must for me to use LDAP for cups 8.6.2?

regards,

paul

Hi

Anyone find a solution to this problem, am facing the same problem,

we use cupc 8.5 cucm 7.15 integratred with AD, cannot search user , we can chat with with them if i add from the user page page but cannot call

regards

shabbar

Hi,

I have the same issue on some users, I have added the user in the LDAP profiles , see "Users in Profile" area.

Now it works fine

Franco