Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 and SPA400 not connecting to PTSN in New Zealand

HI,

I am currently trying to setup a SPA9000/400 system to connect to a single PSTN line.

I have used both the latest configuration tool (2.1) and the beta version (2.1.1.2).

Both devices are running the latest firmware versions.

I have done a factory reset on both devices twice and come up with the same result.

The actual setup is:-

1 x standard analog phone plugged into the Phone 1 port on the SPA9000

1 x WIP310 wireless phone

connected to "2Wire" wireless adsl modem/switch

SPA9000 connected through internet port (not ethernet)

SPA400 connected to PTSN line through line 1

We are not using external VOIP

When I check in the SPA9000 under Voice > Info , Line 1 is registered.

I have checked the phone line works by connecting the phone directly to it and I can make and receive external calls.

The LED for line 1 on the SPA400 flickers very quickly constantly.  It turns off when the line is physically disconnected from the device.  I have checked the documentation and it is only has the LED and off, on or flashing (not flickering quickly).

I can make calls backwards and forwards between both extensions without a problem.

I have checked the number (9 in this case) is used for an external line.

The configuration is localised for New Zealand and looking at previous posts (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3094153#3094153) I have changed the localisation setting to what this recommends with no change

I am obviously missing something really simple.  I have read through the various discussions and checked what has been suggested.

Thanks,

Richard

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like the link that you gave is for settings on the spa9000, you'll need to adjust the tone settings on the spa400 to match your country's settings.  http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm is the link for getting the tone settings that needs to go into the spa400.