Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 and SPA400 not connecting to PTSN in New Zealand

HI,

I am currently trying to setup a SPA9000/400 system to connect to a single PSTN line.

I have used both the latest configuration tool (2.1) and the beta version (2.1.1.2).

Both devices are running the latest firmware versions.

I have done a factory reset on both devices twice and come up with the same result.

The actual setup is:-

1 x standard analog phone plugged into the Phone 1 port on the SPA9000

1 x WIP310 wireless phone

connected to "2Wire" wireless adsl modem/switch

SPA9000 connected through internet port (not ethernet)

SPA400 connected to PTSN line through line 1

We are not using external VOIP

When I check in the SPA9000 under Voice > Info , Line 1 is registered.

I have checked the phone line works by connecting the phone directly to it and I can make and receive external calls.

The LED for line 1 on the SPA400 flickers very quickly constantly.  It turns off when the line is physically disconnected from the device.  I have checked the documentation and it is only has the LED and off, on or flashing (not flickering quickly).

I can make calls backwards and forwards between both extensions without a problem.

I have checked the number (9 in this case) is used for an external line.

The configuration is localised for New Zealand and looking at previous posts (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3094153#3094153) I have changed the localisation setting to what this recommends with no change

I am obviously missing something really simple.  I have read through the various discussions and checked what has been suggested.

Thanks,

Richard

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like the link that you gave is for settings on the spa9000, you'll need to adjust the tone settings on the spa400 to match your country's settings.  http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm is the link for getting the tone settings that needs to go into the spa400.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: