CUCIMOC with CUPS 8.X and OCS 2007

Unanswered Question
Aug 2nd, 2010

Hi,

We are looking to utilize the remote call control through the CUCIMOC integration. We are running CUCM 7.x, CUPS 8.x, and OCS 2007. I have looked over the document: Integration Note for Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.0 with Microsoft OCS for Microsoft Office Communicator Call Control.

I am confused on a few parts of it and was hoping someone here could help me get through them. The specific section I am confused on is when configuring the user on Microsoft Active Directory.

- The instructions say to enter the SIP URI...is this just sip:[email protected] or do we leave sip off? Also, is it supposed to be their userid or extension?

- A few steps later, it says to enter the Line URI value, which they explained earlier on in the document is tel:xxxx;phone-context=dialsting. But when it says to enter the Line URI, it says to note the following:

Enter the Remote Call Control SIP URI; for example, sip:[email protected], where my-cups.my-domain.com specifies the FQDN of the Cisco Unified Presence server that you configured for this integration.

This seems to be conflicting with what was said about the Line URI earlier. If its the tel:xxxx;phone-context=dialsting, do we enter that as is or fill in the xxxx and/or dialstring. If its sip:[email protected], is this different than the SIP URI they had us configure above?

Finally, if we aren't using any type of certificates, do we have to configure Presence as an authenticated host on Microsoft OCS? If so and we aren't using certificates, what do we enter when it says to: Select on FQDN and enter the CUP X.509 Subject Common Name as it appears in its certificate.

Hopefully these questions make sense and I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
htluo Tue, 08/03/2010 - 04:53

The Cisco document writer assumed the reader was a professional on OCS (including OCS RCC).

There are two SIP URIs - Server URI and Line URI.

Server URI tells the OCS server where to send the RCC request.  It should be in the format of "[email protected]".

Line URI tells the OCS what to send for RCC request.  It should be in the format of "tel:1234;phone-context=dialsting".

I recommend you take a look at http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336, which has step-by-step instructions and screenshots of configuring OCS RCC with CUPS.

By the way, CUCIMOC has nothing to do with RCC.  Actually, if you decided to use CUCIMOC, you should NOT use RCC (and vice versus).  They will interfere with each other.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Bryan Geoghan Tue, 08/03/2010 - 07:46

Well I am meaning to do CUCIMOC integration. I only mentioned the RCC term because that is what the document below mentioned:

- Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.0 with Microsoft OCS for Microsoft Office Communicator Call Control

In the Server URI, if we have two Presence servers, can we use the DNS SRV name for this or does it have to be a single A record FQDN if that makes sense. Don't know if I am explaining that right.

htluo Tue, 08/03/2010 - 08:49

If you meant to do CUCIMOC, you do NOT configure RCC.  You do NOT configure CUPS.  Actually, you do NOT use CUPS with CUCIMOC.

CUCIMOC is a client side solution.  While RCC is a server side solution.  They don't work together.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Actions

This Discussion