Helpful
Replies

Multi Site Conference issue

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All I have 2 branches

HQ and BR01 and the following configuration:

HQ_DP (device pool) ---->> HQ_Region ----->> HQ_MRGL----> HQ_MRG { Software Conference and Transcoder01)

BR_Region ----->> BR_Region ----->> BR_MRGL------>> BR_MRG{ Transcoder 02}

I am not able to make any conference unless I make one of the transcoder in the default Media Resource Group, Which is not acceptable because I will not be able to manage the resources.

Any suggestions please ??

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're using G729 the only solution if you intend to use a SW CFB is to switch to G711.

The device that would need the XCODER would be the CFB and you would need to use it only at HQ.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply, and sorry because I reply late

I read this before but can you tell me why if I do this it will solve my problem ?

why if used Transcoder in default MRGL it solved my problem?

I need to understand why? because the customer will ask me to give justification

Again, I'm just assuming this with the little info you provided.

SW CFB can only handle G711, unless you send G711, a XCODER is required to join any kind of conference.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

let us say I have two sites as the following:

1- one software conference bridge just located in the HQ, no SW conference bridge in the remote site

2- two transcoders one in each site.

3- two Media resources group list, each one contains: SW conference bridge - located in HQ and transcoder.

the sw conference in HQ device pool and region.

I am not able to make any conference.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: