Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting 2 Branch Office..

migsfagyan
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i am planning to connect our two branch office using cisco routers and a dsl lines.

my inquiry are

1. what type of cisco router do i use and also the type of IOS software?

2. what modular interface do i get to be able to work with?

for those expert thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

west33637
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Migs.

How far apart are these branch offices?

are you planning to connect these branch offices directly to each other?

are the branch offices connecting through a headquarters office.

is this a large network?

what is your budget? unlimited? frugal?

From your description it seems you need a primary connection going through an ISP and a backup VPN connection using the DSL

if you are using a service provider network for the primary connection to interconnect these offices then you have various options.

without having much information I may suggest a Cisco 2621XM. it has 2 fast ethernet interfaces that will work with your dsl modem and it also has 2 wic slots, you can add t1 controllers. I believe they are called t1 wic1dsu/csu or something similar. contact you ISP to find out what different service options they can offer you for your primary connection. joining the ISPs MPLS network is probably the best way to go.

Please remember to rate this post if it helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

west33637
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Migs.

is this a large network?

From your description it seems you need a primary connection going through an ISP and a backup VPN connection using the DSL

if you are using a service provider network for the primary connection to interconnect these offices then you have various options.

without having much information I may suggest a Cisco 2621XM. it has 2 fast ethernet interfaces that will work with your dsl modem and it also has 2 wic slots, you can add t1 controllers. I believe they are called t1 wic1dsu/csu or something similar. contact you ISP to find out what different service options they can offer you for your primary connection. joining the ISPs MPLS network is probably the best way to go.

Please remember to rate this post if it helps.

hi sir

- these is separate from one city to one city

- yes im planning to do connect directly

- no there are no main branch only 2 branch will be connecting

is this a large network?

- no just a small business for about 30 to 40 users for both branches.

- limited budget, but i plan to use cisco routers and switches

Cisco 2621XM great , one follow question does cisco 2600 series router all have same IOS images?

ISP MPLS , im not yet familiar with the MPLS design an configuration i have to study more on the MPLS

- if will be pushing to use MPLS, what will i need? just a router and switches? and ISP MPLS?

your message was a very helpfull for me.

hi west

thank you very much. i have set up connection and its now working, sorry i have replied for a long time. but thank you for your time in helping me.

reagrds

Migs

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card