NAT between VEM & VSM

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"טבלה רגילה"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I have a setup with VSM, VEM & VC.

The setup is L3 configuration between the VSM and VEM and i am trying to configure NAT between them (i have cisco routers in the middle).

From what I saw, I do not think it can work in a NAT configuration between the VSM to VEM as for the VSM always update the VC of VMWARE what its real ip address (it inform it via application layer rather than on L3 headers, actually in L3 there is a udp encapsulation), then the VC update the VEM about the VSM real IP address and where to open the tunnel.

The VEM will always try to bring up the Tunnel towards the real ip address of the VSM and not towards the Nat  ip address.

am i correct ot i need to configure somthing else?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion