Need to Modify Meetingplace Express Voice Prompts

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2010

When callers call into scheduled meetings, they are getting voice prompts that are confusing them to the point where this customer is not wanting to use the product.  They are getting "Enter your Meeting ID followed by the # sign.  To start your meeting now, Press 1.  etc. etc. etc".  Users are pressing 1 and having trouble getting where they want.  The user is requesting that we only make it say "Enter your meeting ID, followed by the # sign" like MP Enterprise.  In all of my research, the only way I've come up with to make this possible is to replace the MPX Standard prompts with custom prompts with empty .wav files to replace the ones the user doesn't want callers to hear.  This would be a complicated and risky task.  Does anybody know a better way?  They're about to throw MPX out the window for MP Enterprise, but I just wanted to be sure we couldn't modify what they already have first.  Not having the ability to modify or fine-tune the standard voice prompts that are heard seems like a silly feature to be lacking.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
christrost Wed, 08/04/2010 - 07:36

Well, the point of leaving the custom prompts blank is because the user ONLY wants to hear the "enter your meeting ID" prompt, and apparently it's not possible to disable parts of the standard message that callers hear.

christrost Wed, 08/04/2010 - 19:21

After calling into the recording for MeetingPlace 8... the prompts are about identical to MPX.

"Please enter your meeting ID, followed by the # sign"

"Press 2 to start your meeting now"

"etc etc profile etc etc"

In earlier versions of MP Enterprise, it said "To attend a meeting, press 1".  MPX and MP8 bypass that and go directly into the "Enter your meeting ID, followed by #" which is immediately followed by "To start your meeting now, press 2' which is confusing users.

Any way, again, to adjust this in MPX or MeetingPlace 8?

Actions

This Discussion