cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help to choose call manager and router SRST reference

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

I have  a VPN  connection between the headquarter (there is one Cisco2821-sec/k9) and 3  agency (there is one Cisco 2801-hsec/k9 on each agency). the VPN is working fine

I need a complete call manager (soft and hard) with 100 licenses expandable to 300. I will connect it on the switch at the headquarter

Here's what I'll order: is it enough?
MCS-7815-l2-IPC1
CM4.2-K9-7815-I2

Can I use Cisco2821-sec/k9 as CCME at the headquarter, or I must buy another router to replace the linksys

If I can use it as CCME, what should I order ?

I have a router CISCO2801-HSEC/K9 in the agency, and I want to add to this router agency function SRST (30 users), what should I order?

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

See the architecture in attachement

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

2 things and an alternative suggestion:

1) I would not deploy a 7815 in a production environment.  They are very limited in scalability and performance and can only be clustered with the same model servers.

2) Why would you choose to purchase an outdated version of CCM in 4.2?  The 4x products, depending on which one is in question, are or are nearing End of Sale and End of Life status.

Alternative:

If you only need 100 licenses, consider purchasing the Linux-based appliance version of CUCM Business Edition.  It supports up to 500 users, is a Linux appliance, and is a co-resident installation of CUCM and Unity Connection.  I would go with 7.1 and specifically install up to 7.1(3b)SU2.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi

Thanks for your answer

see below the order option that I choose for 100 users

Part   number

quantity

Description

MCS7828I4-K9-WL

CUCMBE, 7828-I4 appliance, CUWL BE 50 Users

CMBE-WRKSP-BDL

Is it OK ?

Do I need to but another router for voice at the central site (see architecture) or I can use the actual Cisco2821-sec/k9 using for VPN ?

If I can use the Cisco2821-sec/k9 for voice, what is the IOS oder part number option that I should buy ?

What is the order part number that I need to buy to add on each Cisco 2801-hsec/k9 at the agency to have voice and SRST ?

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: