cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I discover the serial number of the LMS application?

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi - We are looking to get a support contract from Cisco for an LMS install for one of our customers.

Is there any way of finding out the serial number of the LMS software itself from the application?

Many Thanks, Dom                                                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They are for Software and Support, so you get both upgrades and support.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS does not have a serial number.  Instead, it comes with a PAK ID that you use to obtain a license file.  I thought it was sufficient just to purchase an SAS contract for LMS (orderable IDs are like CON-SAS-LMS... depending on the license type of LMS).  For example, the part number of LMS 3.2 for a 5K device license is CON-SAS-LMS3X5K.

Thanks for your reply Joseph,

My customer has upgraded from version 2.6 to 3.2

The Server previously ran at 3.5GB of Memory, but following the upgrade now runs at over 5GB of Memory and is very slow and unresponsive

The Server is a HP Proliant DL380 G4.

I wanted to raise a TAC case, I thought the SAS contracts were more for software upgrades than tech support.

Cheers, Dom

They are for Software and Support, so you get both upgrades and support.

Thanks Joseph,

I think I'll post the problem on here and see if anyone can give me any tips - As far as I know we only get shared support contracts, which I don't think we can do for SAS

Cheers, Dom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: