cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Tones

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way from within CCA to disable the conference tones for Cbarge, Meet-Me, and Ad-hoc (using Join button)?

I know how to do this via CLI.  If this is done via CLI will it break CCA?  Would this be considered an out of band configuration item?

Thanks,
Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately CCA does not give you the option to enable/disable the join/leave tones. They are configured by default. If you use the software resources (IOS) for 3-party conferences (uncheck Enable Multi-Party Conferencing and select Max 3-way calling sessions) it would not play join/leave tones for ad-hoc conferencings. But you only get ad-hoc conferencing - no meet-me or more than 3-party ad-hoc/meet-me. You also would be disabling cBarge.

If you remove it OOB, I don't see it causing a problem with CCA since all CCA does is remove or add these commands when you enable/disable hw conferencing.

dspfarm profile 1 conference
shut

no conference-join custom-cptone CCAjointone
no conference-leave custom-cptone CCAleavetone

no shut

However, I don't recommend getting into the habit of doing OOB configurations since it's a very gray area and the behavior of how CCA implements a feature may change b/w versions.

--

Anthony Yeung

Technical Marketing Engineer

Small Businss Technolog Group

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately CCA does not give you the option to enable/disable the join/leave tones. They are configured by default. If you use the software resources (IOS) for 3-party conferences (uncheck Enable Multi-Party Conferencing and select Max 3-way calling sessions) it would not play join/leave tones for ad-hoc conferencings. But you only get ad-hoc conferencing - no meet-me or more than 3-party ad-hoc/meet-me. You also would be disabling cBarge.

If you remove it OOB, I don't see it causing a problem with CCA since all CCA does is remove or add these commands when you enable/disable hw conferencing.

dspfarm profile 1 conference
shut

no conference-join custom-cptone CCAjointone
no conference-leave custom-cptone CCAleavetone

no shut

However, I don't recommend getting into the habit of doing OOB configurations since it's a very gray area and the behavior of how CCA implements a feature may change b/w versions.

--

Anthony Yeung

Technical Marketing Engineer

Small Businss Technolog Group

Thanks Anthony, I justed want to ensure that removing the tones using CLI would not inhibit CCA functionality with the UC.

CCA 3.x now supports tone (join leave; and recurring live record beep) suppression.