cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 Switch

AlanELint
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm config cisco 2960 switches and I know there is a sh run command to double check everything but I was wondering if there was a print command which would allow me to see it all at once so that I can put it in a help document that would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

2960?  Ok.  If you have a TFTP client installed you can try this command:  "sh run | redirect tftp:///"

If you do this, note that the file CANNOT be opened by Notepad.  Technically, you CAN but you sure won't make any sense of it because of the way Notepad interprets UNIX's carriage return.

This is the method I would use when TAC want's a copy of the "sh tech-support". 

If you want to use an easy-to-use TFTP client (and free), try TFTP32. http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

Is this what you are looking for?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

johuggin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alan,

You can turn off the pausing with the following command:

2960# terminal length 0

Now, you should be able to do a show run and get the whole output. Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks,

-Joe

Sadly no. Sorry if I wasnt clear. What I'm looking for is a command that will take all that config info

and allow me to print it so that I can put it in a guide to show people what it should look like.

2960?  Ok.  If you have a TFTP client installed you can try this command:  "sh run | redirect tftp:///"

If you do this, note that the file CANNOT be opened by Notepad.  Technically, you CAN but you sure won't make any sense of it because of the way Notepad interprets UNIX's carriage return.

This is the method I would use when TAC want's a copy of the "sh tech-support". 

If you want to use an easy-to-use TFTP client (and free), try TFTP32. http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

Is this what you are looking for?

So what can I open that file in so I'll be able to read it and what nonsense?

You can use any application.  Just don't use Notepad.  I use Wordpad or Word.

Once you open with, for example, Wordpad save it again and then you can open the file using Notepad.

Hope this helps.  Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

I shall when I give it a try tomorrow morning at work. Thanks

Just for tickles, before doing anything, try opening it with Notepad. 

Well that worked thank you and I did open it in notepad on accident without thinking and I was like "well shit, he was right. I cant understand this at all!"

Thanks.  Glad to see I was of some assistance.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card