I'm looking for advice/opinions on a UC solution I am proposing for an upgrade/refresh of an existing environment.
- CUCM 4.2.3 cluster x3 nodes
- CCX 4.05 HA cluster
- Emergency Responder 1.3 single server
- Unity 4.2.1 single server Unified Messaging w/Exchange
This is a centralized multi-site deployment located in one data center. There are approximately 700 registered endpoints.
The requirements for the upgrade were left general enough:
- Provide redundancy between two major data centers (seperated West and East)
- Double capacity in 3 years (~1400 users)
- Linux appliance where possible
The data centers are connected via 100Mbps connection over QoS enabled link. The RTT between dc's is approx 45ms.
- CUCM clustered over the WAN (spec'd to meet capacity and redundancy requirements)
- CCX 8 clustered over the WAN
- Unity Connection 8 clustered over the WAN
- Emergency Responder 8 cluster in West DC.
A rebuild from scratch approach is accepted as the current implementation is somewhat of a mess.
What is the feel for CUCM 8.0 in regards to bugs in a .0 release? Am I safer to go with 7.1.5? There are no features in 8.0 that are currently needed.
Clustering over WAN...given that the DC's are connected by a solid 100Mbps QoS pipe, should I have any concerns with this design for CUCM, CCX and CUC?
General opinions/comments on major gotcha's to look out for?
Any and all advice/comments is very much appreciated!!