cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Softkeys Layout

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to modify the softkeys from within CCA?

I know how to modify the ephone-template from the CLI, but my concerns is if I modify with CLI will CCA change the ephone-template back to what it was when it is launched to configure another feature?

I need to ensure any changes I make from the CLI will not be broken when using CCA.

According to the Cisco Configuration Assistant Out-of-Band Configuration Guidlines document, the only reference I was able to find in regards to ephone-templates and OOB is that "CCA can read in service URLs that are configured OOB, but these OOB service URLs cannot be modified through CCA".  I could not find anything regarding softkeys.

Please advise, I have a few customers on UC560s that want the order of the buttons changed.

Thanks,
Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

At the moment you can't do this through CCA. The ability to modify the SK template will be available in a later version of CCA, TBD.

If you modify the SK template from the CLI the changes would be overwritten, especially in CCA 2.2.5 coming out soon.

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business Technolog Group
antyeung@cisco.com
Phone: 469.255.7597

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

At the moment you can't do this through CCA. The ability to modify the SK template will be available in a later version of CCA, TBD.

If you modify the SK template from the CLI the changes would be overwritten, especially in CCA 2.2.5 coming out soon.

--
Anthony Yeung
antyeung@cisco.com

Thanks Anthony, this is not good my customers that are on UC5x0 will not be happy.

I currently use 2.2.(5.38) so it will definitely overwrite the CLI information.

Is there any way we can push this feature through faster?

Thanks,

Mario

Hi Mario,

I will forward your request on to the CCA Product Manager to see what the timeline is of including this feature

in CCA. I'll cc you offline.

--
Anthony Yeung
antyeung@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: