cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5010

goransh_pc
Level 1
Level 1

I saw a Cisco Nexus 5010 and it has 5 RJ-45 port, 1 for Console, 2 for MGMT and another two port for what ??? L1 and L2, somebody can explain me that ?? Thank yuo so much !!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Konus,

The defect id is to document that the ports are not usable, this was not documented. ( did not intend to confuse you).

The first 8 ports on 5010 can be used to as 1 gig ports with GLC-T= transceiver.

JayaKrishna

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jayakrishna Mada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Only one port works our of those 4 ports. L1/L2/MGMT1 are not usable yet and will be used in future. A document defect is opened to document this. Defect id: CSCth37349

Hope that answers your question.

JayaKrishna

Thank you so much for your quick feedback JayaKrishna, but right now I'm more confused than before:

Waht is a Defect ID: CSCth37349 ?

All usable ports on that switch (Nexus) are SFP, is there any adapter that permits to connect NIC server or NIC pc to the Nexus through RJ-45 and UTP cable?

Thank you so much

Konus,

The defect id is to document that the ports are not usable, this was not documented. ( did not intend to confuse you).

The first 8 ports on 5010 can be used to as 1 gig ports with GLC-T= transceiver.

JayaKrishna

Thank you So Much Jaya.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco