I want to verify that the following is the right steps to reduce the partitions on the FWSM as the current context do not have enough memory on it.
To enter the right number of partitions, do the following :-
1. pri/act/FWSM (config)# resource acl-partition 3
2. Load the primary FWSM
pri/act/FWSM (config)# reload
3. Wait for 60 seconds and then load the secondary FWSM.
sec/act/WFWSM (config)# reload
My concern is i) if the FWSM pair would not be in sync after the reboot and ii) lost of configuration.
Can somoene confirm that the steps are correct and if my concerns are valid ?
- SN -
The correct steps would be:
1) Issue the command 'resource acl-partition 3' on the ACTIVE
2) Issue a 'write mem' and 'write mem all' on the ACTIVE
3) Confirm the new configuration is saved to memory on *BOTH* the ACTIVE and STANDBY by checking the output of 'show start' on both SYSTEM contexts.
4) Reload the ACTIVE FWSM and wait about 60s then reload the other FWSM.
5) Both FWSM will be down at this point
6) Once they come up confirm the new partitions are as expected by issuing the command 'show resource usage acl'