Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks -- module related queries

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi clarke,

As im not using CM,DFM,IPM in my normal ciscoworks usage, can i disable these process in services.msc ??

im using only rme,device center,cs,and cisco view. Just wonder if i disable these services will affect other modules ??

~pr

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're not using them, uninstall them.  Simply disabling services will not free up all of the resources.  If you uninstall IPM, Campus, and DFM, that will free up all processor, memory, and disk resources associated with those applications.

Hi Clarke,

thanks for the update...

Please let me know how would i uninstall the modules, since in control panel > add remove, i can see only ony CISCOWORKS application, which i am scared to uninstall fearing that all the modules will go away. Could you pls let me know how do i uninstall selected module by module without affecting other modules.

attached is the screen shot for the same..

awaiting your kind reply...

~pr

Go to Start > Programs > CiscoWorks, and choose the uninstall option.  You will be prompted with a list of applications to uninstall.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: