cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Call: cucimoc 8 to h323 Client (Tandberg T1000)

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

in my lab i've CUCM 7.1(3a), PC with cucimoc 8.0(2), PC with IPC and CUVA and one Tandberg T1000 registered on a Gatekeeper and configured on the CUCM as a H323 Client Gatekeeper controlled. I'm not able to have video call working between cucimoc and Tandberg, only audio are negotiated.
This is what happen:

Video Call from IPC+CUVA to CUCIMOC = ok
Video Call from CUCIMOC to IPC+CUVA = ok
Video Call from IPC+CUVA to Tandberg = ok
Video Call from Tandberg to IPC+CUVA = ok
Video Call from CUCIMOC to Tandberg = No video - only audio
Video Call from Tandberg to CUCIMOC= No video - only audio

Any idea? There is not so much to change about settings on CUCIMOC client, the problem is the same even if the cucimoc is set to deskphone or softphone.

Thx,
Christian

6 Replies 6

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds a lot like an issue I encountered here as well (with a Tandberg1700 registered to a gatekeeper). 

In my case, during call setup the CUCIMOC client would send a SIP/OK message with media format type 106, however in the connection statistics (in CUCIMOC), it would show that it was set up to receive RTP payload type 97.  It should have been 106 in both directions, according to the SIP call setup information.

The result would be that effectively it wasn't decoding the video information with the correct payload type, so you would see nothing. 

This was reported in a defect, CSCth43523, which was fixed in an engineering special (also maintenence release 2; i.e. MR2) that should be available from TAC (I think 8.0.3 will have the fix as well).

Thank you Markus, i tried also another Tandberg model (i don't remember the code) with the same result, so i'm waiting for the next cucimoc release.

At the moment i can't read the bug details since is currently under review for publishing on Bug Toolkit.

Bye,

Christian

If you run wireshark on the CUCIMOC client, start a capture and place a call.  While the call is up, go into the connection statistics and look at the receiving RTP payload type on the video statistics).  Then stop the capture and filter on sip messages.  The OK message sent by the CUCIMOC client should have the same payload type.  If it's not, then this likely is the defect.

The only strange thing here is that in my case, it was one-way video; i.e. the Tandberg could see the video from CUCIMOC, but not the other way around.

When the call is up in the connection statistics i don't see details about video packets, furthermore using wireshark the only rtp packets i see are g.711. It seems that nobody are sending video packets.

The ok message is received by the cucimoc and is specified the payload type 97, the only ok message sent by cucimoc does not contain this information.

Hope that the jpeg file in the attachment can be shown

Christian

It's possible to disable the codec h.264 from the negotiation in the cucimoc?

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

I saw that the bug CSCth43523 became public, the CUCIMOC release with the fix is 8.0(722.14153). I suppose that this release is not yet available, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: