How to identify the RP and SP in 6500 series

Answered Question
Aug 4th, 2010

How to identify the RP and SP in 6500 series

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jorge.calvo about 6 years 3 months ago

Hello,

When you first login into a C6500 switch you enter directly to the RP. From there, you can connect to the SP with the command remote login switch and your prompt will change to the swith hostname followed by -sp such as: mycisco6500-sp#

If you want to toggle from the SP to the RP you can type the halt combination Crtl+SHIFT+6 and then x key. To return to the SP just press Enter key.

Hope this helps.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
jorge.calvo Wed, 08/04/2010 - 07:45

Hello,

What do you want to know exactly about the RP and SP?

In the new SUP720 supervisor engine for the Catalyst 6500 Series, the RP and SP for instance are integrated in the MSFC3 Daughter card.

You can see their statistics with the command show platform hardware capacity.

Regards.

EPHRAIM MANI Wed, 08/04/2010 - 08:25

how can i login to the SP console and RP cosole or toggle between those and how to identify if i am in RP console or SP console on 6500. Thanks in advance

Correct Answer
jorge.calvo Wed, 08/04/2010 - 08:34

Hello,

When you first login into a C6500 switch you enter directly to the RP. From there, you can connect to the SP with the command remote login switch and your prompt will change to the swith hostname followed by -sp such as: mycisco6500-sp#

If you want to toggle from the SP to the RP you can type the halt combination Crtl+SHIFT+6 and then x key. To return to the SP just press Enter key.

Hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion