cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS license

jopetik09
Level 1
Level 1

can I use existing LMS (2.6) license for LMS 3.0?
I am planning to take LMS 3.0 DVD and upgrade to it from LMS 2.6

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Joe,

So however I should by a LMS 3.0 DVD with license to upgrade from LMS 2.6 as I understood.

How much approx cost it will be for 3.0 DVD with license?

View solution in original post

If you purchased an LMS 3.0 DVD, it should have come with a PAK number which you will use to get a license file from licensing@cisco.com.  I do not know specific costs.  Your account manager can help you out with that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, LMS 3.x requires a new license to be purchased.  Once you have an LMS 3.x license, you can use it for any version of 3.x (up to 3.2).

If the customer has a SAS-U support contract on their LMS, that would entitle them to the new license, correct?

My understanding is that there are no more SASU contracts for LMS.  We did offer a discount for LMS 2.6 to 3.0 upgrades a while back, but there are no longer any discounts on the upgrade.

Thanks Joe,

So however I should by a LMS 3.0 DVD with license to upgrade from LMS 2.6 as I understood.

How much approx cost it will be for 3.0 DVD with license?

If you purchased an LMS 3.0 DVD, it should have come with a PAK number which you will use to get a license file from licensing@cisco.com.  I do not know specific costs.  Your account manager can help you out with that.

Thanks Joe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco