cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 CiscoWorks Daemon Manager does not want to startup in Windows Server 2008 64bit?

irvin.theunis
Level 1
Level 1

I need help concerning the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager that does not want to startup.

I keep on getting the Error 1053. I installed the CiscoWorks LMS 3.2 Evaluation.

I just need the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager started up. I know a solution was posted but the link is invalid.

This was the thread which I found:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cd47f8d/0#selected_message

Could somebody please assist me in this issue.

Thank You

Irvin

11 Replies 11

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Try the below:

1. Select Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System.
2. On the left pane, choose Advanced system settings.
3. Under Performance section, choose Settings.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. Under Virtual memory section, click Change.
6. Clear the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" checkbox.
7. Then Click Custom and specify at least 2048 MB for the min, and at least 4095 MB for the max.
8. Confirm the services are setup correctly.  In Windows, go to Start and click on 'Run...'.  Type in services.msc and make sure you have the
following services set like this, change accordingly if not:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine: Manual
CiscoWorks Daemon Manager: Automatic
CiscoWorks RME NG database engine: Manual
CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine: Manual
CiscoWorks Web Server: Manual
CWCS Cmf database engine: Manual
CWCS rsh/rcp service: Automatic
CWCS syslog service: Automatic
CWCS tftp service: Automatic
DFM dfmEpm database engine: Manual
DFM dfmFh database engine: Manual
DFM dfmInv database engine: Manual

10. Reboot after and see if this brings daemons up.

Hi Joel

I have completed what you have asked me to try and the Error 1053 does not appear now.

I receive the following error:

The Ciscoworks Daemon Manager on the Local Computer Started and then Stopped.
Some devices stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

I am completely lost now.

Please assist.

Thanks

Irvin

What happens when you do "net start crmdmgtd" from DOS?  Post a screenshot of this along with the syslog.log and startup
services in Windows.

How do I retrieve the syslog.log and the windows startup services?

The Windows services are the ones I asked you to verify initially and syslog.log is under NMSROOT\log.  But before you post this, it is likely something is resetting Casuser permissions.  Try this:

1. Locate yourself in NMSROOT\setup\support\ on DOS.  NMSROOT stands for your CiscoWorks installation path, by default it would be C:\Program Files\CSCOpx.  If you installed on the default location your DOS prompt would look like this:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\setup\support>

2. Type: resetCasuser.exe.

3. Choose a password that applies to your server password policies or generate a random one.

4. Now issue the command: net start crmdmgtd.  See if the daemons start coming up after that.  It can usually take from 5 to 15 minutes.

I have attached the screenshot when I

tried to run the resetCasuser.exe.

Please let me know what else I should try.

I have also attached a screenshot of Windows Startup Services.

Please advise.

This looks like CSCtd18854.  I recommend you open a TAC case and apply the patch.

I don't think I can log a TAC for an evaluation copy

Yeah, if you cannot open a TAC case then there is no way to get the patch.  You would have to try installing the evaluation version on another system that might not be affected by this or wait till LMS 4.0 comes out in which this bug is fixed.  LMS 4.0 is expected to come out late this month so that might be a better option.

Virtual memmory on all drives should be more than 9GB or something.that was where i stucked like 2 days.Have you checked your Virtual memmory??

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: