cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco Mobile 8.0 work on the iPhone 4?

James McMichael
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I have a query from one of my customers who is interested in Cisco Mobile 8.0. He wants to know if the iPhone 4 can be used with Cisco Mobile 8.0?

All the documentation I have read says only the iPhone 3G and 3GS are supported, however the Apple AppStore says:

Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later. (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-mobile-8-0/id364383393?mt=8)

So has anyone managed to get an iPhone 4 to work with Cisco Mobile 8.0?

Cheers,

James McMichael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spaladug
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

Cisco Mobile 8.0 is supported on iPhone 4 as iphone 4 runs iOS 4.0 and that is backwards compatible with all iphone apps created before iOS 4.0. I will work on getting the documentation updated.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

spaladug
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

Cisco Mobile 8.0 is supported on iPhone 4 as iphone 4 runs iOS 4.0 and that is backwards compatible with all iphone apps created before iOS 4.0. I will work on getting the documentation updated.

Hi James,

I opened the documentation bug CSCti21231 to get the Cisco Mobile 8.0 data sheet and release notes updated to include iPhone 4. You can track the status of the bug using the following link.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCti21231

Hey Spaladug,

Thanks for the quick reply, I was pretty certain it would work but thanks for confirming it.

Cheers,

James

Hi,

Strange issue with Cisco Mobile 8.0.2 running on iOS 4.

iPad running iOS 3.2.1

Cisco Mobile works perfect can connect, I can change Device configuration around, no issues.

iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1

Cisco Mobile cannot connect: Failed to register with the supplied information.

Both Apple devices are on the same network, can connect fine, i.e all have internet access, can see the CUCM correctly(ping). Etc...

I tried look at the Bug ID mentioned in this thread, but saying it's no longer valid??

Any thoughts??

Hi Shaun,

That is wierd. I checked the bug and it is still not assigned to a documentation writer, but there is a note that mentions we will update the docs after the next maintenance release of cisco mobile is out. In any case I would suggest that you open a TAC case to troubleshoot the issue with your iPhone as it should still be supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: