Views
Helpful
Replies

Expansion Module - N5K-M1008

goransh_pc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can I know what SFP connector are compatible with this expansion module.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I understand your question better now.

•     N5K-M1404 provides 4 10G SFP+, and 4 Fiber Channel 1/2/4G SFP based uplink connections. The 10GE ports are encryption capable.

•     M5K-M1600 provides 6 10G SFP+ based uplink connections.

•     N5K-M1008 provides 8 1/2/4G Fiber Channel, SFP based uplink connection.

This means the N5K-M1008 will not support GLC-T= or any other Ethernet SFP. The Nexus5000 switch will support GLC-T=/GLC-SX-MM=, but these modules will not. The fiber-channel expansion ports only support the FC transceivers listed here:

Cisco DS-SFP-FC4G-SW     4-Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC4G-LW     4-Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC8G-SW     8-Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC8G-LW     8-Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

I hope that helps, please rate if it does.

-Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

You can use any of these:

GLC-T(=) 1000BASE-T SFP

GLC-SX-MM(=) GE SFP, LC connector SX transceiver

GLC-LH-SM(=) GE SFP, LC connector LX/LH transceiver

SFP-GE-T(=) 1000BASE-T SFP, Extended Temperature Range

SFP-GE-S(=) GE SFP, LC connector SX transceiver, with Digital Optical Monitoring (DOM) and Extended Temperature Range

SFP-GE-L(=) GE SFP, LC connector LX/LH transceiver, with Digital Optical Monitoring (DOM) and Extended Temperature Range

DS-SFP-FC4G-SW(=) 4Gbps Fibre Channel-SW SFP, LC

DS-SFP-FC4G-LW(=) 4Gbps Fibre Channel-LW SFP, LC

DS-SFP-FC8G-SW(=) 8Gbps Fibre Channel-SW SFP+, LC

DS-SFP-FC8G-LW(=) 8Gbps Fibre Channel-LW SFP+, LC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/data_sheet_c78-461802.html

Rate if that helps!

Hello Tim,

I saw the page that you give me in your post, but I read this information:

Cisco DS-SFP-FC4G-SW

4-Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC4G-LW

4-Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

I have the N5K-M1008 Expansion Module that has 8 port 1/2/4 Gbs.

And my question is:

This expansion module just support this kind of SFP connector that the table said (DS-SFP-FC4G-SW or LW) or the N5k-M1008 Expansion Module can support the another kind of SFP connector that the switch support such as SFP-SX-SM or GLC-T or any that the page said that is compatible with the Nexus 5000.

Thank you. 

I understand your question better now.

•     N5K-M1404 provides 4 10G SFP+, and 4 Fiber Channel 1/2/4G SFP based uplink connections. The 10GE ports are encryption capable.

•     M5K-M1600 provides 6 10G SFP+ based uplink connections.

•     N5K-M1008 provides 8 1/2/4G Fiber Channel, SFP based uplink connection.

This means the N5K-M1008 will not support GLC-T= or any other Ethernet SFP. The Nexus5000 switch will support GLC-T=/GLC-SX-MM=, but these modules will not. The fiber-channel expansion ports only support the FC transceivers listed here:

Cisco DS-SFP-FC4G-SW     4-Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC4G-LW     4-Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC8G-SW     8-Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

Cisco DS-SFP-FC8G-LW     8-Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC (for Fibre Channel expansion module ports)

I hope that helps, please rate if it does.

-Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card