cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 - All processes not starting

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have noticed lately that after a restart several LMS processes are not starting. I get this whether I do a server reboot or via the net stop crmdmgtd, net start crmdmgtd and waiting for the C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready directory to clear of lock files.

I have verified my services configuration is correct as noted in this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2035247?tstart=0

Specifically, I noticed the syslog analyzer process is not working ("never started" in pdshow).

I have attached the output of pdshow and a zipped copy of my server's syslog.log

I am running LMS 3.2 on Windows Server 2008 x64 with all available updates applied.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, stop and disable Windows Remote Management service.  Then stop the daemons, get a new netstat -anob with the daemons down (if you still can) and restart the daemons.  See if that brings EssentialsDM back up.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this:

1. Stop daemons: net stop crmdmgtd.

2. Delete these files:

CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctmregistry and
CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctmregistry.backup

3. Restart daemons: net start crmdmgtd.

I did that, with the same results.

Updated pdshow output is attached.

Also attached is the most recent restart's sylsog events.

EssentialsDM is still down:

Process= EssentialsDM
    State  = Waiting to initialize.
    Pid    = 14520
    RC     = 0
    Signo  = 0
    Start  = 8/4/2010 3:31:31 PM
    Stop   = Not applicable
    Core   = Not applicable
    Info   = Server started by admin request

This looks like CSCte49301 where Windows RM is conflicting with this process.  Please post a netstat -anob output and the EssentialsDM.log and EssentialsDM_Server.log.  As stated in the bug workaround, it might be necessary to stop Windows RM and restart daemons this way to rule this out.

The requested output and logs are attached.

I have once again deleted the CRM files and am restarting with Windows RM stopped and disabled.

Yes, stop and disable Windows Remote Management service.  Then stop the daemons, get a new netstat -anob with the daemons down (if you still can) and restart the daemons.  See if that brings EssentialsDM back up.

That last step did the job. It appears the Windows RM service was indeed the culprit.

Syslog analyzer (and other RME services) are now running properly.

Thanks for your help, Joel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: