Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Guest Authentication Order

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Is there any way to change the Web Guest Authentication Order (Local, LDAP, TACACS+).

I did't find the correct template in WCS.

I wanna change this configuration in my 8 controllers and I wanna to use the WCS for that..

The WCS version is 6.0

Thanks in Advanced

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

2 Replies 2

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andre:

Changing the authentication order isn't supported on the controllers for guests, that's why there's not a control for it in the controller's GUI or in WCS.  The online help file for the controller says that "...Client information is passed to the RADIUS authentication server first, and if the client information does not match a RADIUS database entry, this local database is polled. Clients located in this database are granted access to network services if the RADIUS authentication fails or does not exist."

This means that the authentication order for guests is RADIUS, Local.  That's not adjustable.

If you have a significant need to be able to change this, I'd suggest that you contact your local Cisco SE, Cisco account team  or Cisco  authorized wireless reseller, and share your idea with them.   The sales  side of the house has procedures in place to accumulate  customer inputs  like this, and to forward them to the appropriate  business units within  Cisco for possible inclusion in future releases  of Cisco's products.

Sincerely,

Rollin Kibbe

Network Management Systems Team

Hi Andre:

I was mistaken--my apologies!  Yes, web guest authentication order CAN be changed.  It's on the actual WLAN, but it's still not in WCS.  To get around that, you'll need to create a CLI template with the command

config wlan security web-auth server-precedence local ldap

then apply that CLI template to your controllers.

Sorry for the temporary insanity, and thanks to Steve Rodriguez for the polite kick in the head

Sincerely,

Rollin Kibbe

Network Management Systems Team

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card