Helpful
Replies

Wireless goes down upon connecting to Cisco AnyConnect VPN client

mikalonso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Good afternoon,

When I'm wirelessly and establish a VPN session using Cisco AnyConnect VPN client my wireless connection goes down and I see that red "X" just like if there was no signal. Upon quitting the VPN client, wireless immediately comes back up.

Have you ever seen a similar issue before ?

Thanks,

Michel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

I've seen this type of issue when the VPN driver/supplicant on the client is mapped to multiple interfaces and is also configured to only use one at a time.  For example, CSSC by default runs on all interfaces (wired and wireless).  With the default behavior when you are connected to the wire the wireless is not available.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

I've seen this type of issue when the VPN driver/supplicant on the client is mapped to multiple interfaces and is also configured to only use one at a time.  For example, CSSC by default runs on all interfaces (wired and wireless).  With the default behavior when you are connected to the wire the wireless is not available.

Thanks a lot for the assistance !!

I went to Control Panel -> Network Connections and opened Properties for the "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Clien Connection", then unchecked "Odyssey Client Driver" (Odyssey Client Manager is the software we use to manage our PCs wireless connections).

After doing that I was able to keep my wireless LAN while connected to the VPN.

Thanks again,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: