Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD in reserved state longer than normal

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea what might seem to cause CAD to stay in the reserved state longer than normal? I'm talking about 20 seconds plus. However, all calls got through just fine finally. Nothing has recently been changed on the servers as well as on the agents. This has been happening intermittently and only appears to occur to certain agents. It doesn't switch from one agent to another. It seems to always stay with same agents. Never happened before. So I don't believe there is anything to do with the phone config.

Any explanations or suggestions on where I should be looking in order to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

You stated this only happens to some agents and it's always the same agents.  Are those agents all part of the same CSQ?  If so, take a look at this link which may help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080262545.shtml

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and if so please rate the post with 5 stars.

Mike

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

You stated this only happens to some agents and it's always the same agents.  Are those agents all part of the same CSQ?  If so, take a look at this link which may help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080262545.shtml

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and if so please rate the post with 5 stars.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link. No, they are not part of the same CSQ. I just double-checked the prompt in my queue step just to be sure it's not accidentally mis-configured and it looks good to me. So I think the document doesn't seem to apply here.

See attached script.

Question, does it have to be only the first prompt in the queue that must allow interruptible. I'm asking this because I'm showing my 3rd prompt down is not interruptible and I'm not sure why it was configured that way. By mistake perhaps. It would make sense to go interruptible all the way. Just wanted to confirm.

Hi

Virtually everything should be interruptible.

Sometimes you don't want the caller to be able to hit # or whatever and skip prompts - to prevent that, set 'Barge In' on the prompt and other steps to 'No'.

Interruptible means the system can interrupt that step; i.e. when it decides something else needs to be done (such as transfer to agent).

So generally, anythign in the queue branch that can be interruptible should have interruptible set to the default of 'Yes'. The third one down would make it quite random, as it's one of a few prompts and not the first in the list...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Since you have a 3rd prompt that is set to be uninterruptable it would kind of make sense that only the calls that were being transferred to an agent at that prompt are seeing this issue.  Calls that are transferred to agents prior to hitting that prompt would never have the issue because the prompts get interrupted.

I believe you should set that prompt to be interruptable and give that a shot.  It seems to be a reasonable step at this point.

If this works for you please rate the original post.  This helps with future searches for others having the same issue.

Thanks!!

Mike

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

Oh boy I think I have accidentally clicked on the "Report Abuse" button when I reply to your message. My bad. Sorry about that.

Hello,

I have rejected the "abuse" from the system to restore this posting. Thanks for letting us know. It would be great if you can rate the answers you get when you got the help you needed.

Kind Regards,

Monica Lluis

CSC Community Manager

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: