Views
Helpful
Replies

Mutual redistribution between EIGRP and BGP

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I need to redistribute BGP into EIGRP and vise versa. I did it in my lab and seems like I am seeing EIGRP routes in the BGP table but I don’t see BGP routes in my EIGRP table.

Can anybody provide some info about that kind of redistribution? I already have redistributed OSPF and BGP in the same way in my production network and I didn’t face this problem. Also, I researched Internet and I couldn’t find clear example (a doc) with mutual redistribution between BGP in EIGRP and vise versa. Is it straight forward like OSPF and BGP and I am missing something or there is a tricky part that I don’t know about.

Here is my topology:

R1===R2===R3===R4===R5

R1 is EIGRP speaker only with R2

R2 is speaking EIGRP to R1 and EBGP to R3

R3 is speaking EBGP to both – R2 and R4

R4 is speaking EIGRP to R5 and EBGP to R3

R5 is speaking EIGRP only with R4

I don’t see EIGRP routes coming from R5 on R1 and vise versa

However I see them on all BGP only routers (R2,R3,R4), seems like BGP doesn’t redistribute into EIGRP its routes by some reason.

I configured a loopback interface on R3 and advertized the IP add with network command in BGP and I see this route on both EIGRP routers (R1,R5).

Probably I am missing something. Please help… would you please point me to a doc with an example?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Camp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you set a default metric when you configured redistribute bgp X under router eigrp?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gregory Camp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you set a default metric when you configured redistribute bgp X under router eigrp?

So, that was the problem. I cleared the configs and started from s

cratch. What I was missing is default-metrin under router eigrp x.

Thank you very much!

rvr

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

Could you share the configuration related to redistribution.

Do you see routes in the EIGRP topology table.

Chao

Vishwa

Hello,

I agree with Gregory, you should indicate the EIGRP metric to use for BGP redistributed routes into router eigrp section. Using a route-map would be a good solution.

Regards.

Hi,

Are you having metrics for bgp under your eigrp process?

Have it something like this

router eigrp x

redistribute bgp metric xxxx xxx xxx x xxxx

Best Regards,

Christopher

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card