Views
Helpful
Replies

Mutual redistribution between EIGRP and BGP

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I need to redistribute BGP into EIGRP and vise versa. I did it in my lab and seems like I am seeing EIGRP routes in the BGP table but I don’t see BGP routes in my EIGRP table.

Can anybody provide some info about that kind of redistribution? I already have redistributed OSPF and BGP in the same way in my production network and I didn’t face this problem. Also, I researched Internet and I couldn’t find clear example (a doc) with mutual redistribution between BGP in EIGRP and vise versa. Is it straight forward like OSPF and BGP and I am missing something or there is a tricky part that I don’t know about.

Here is my topology:

R1===R2===R3===R4===R5

R1 is EIGRP speaker only with R2

R2 is speaking EIGRP to R1 and EBGP to R3

R3 is speaking EBGP to both – R2 and R4

R4 is speaking EIGRP to R5 and EBGP to R3

R5 is speaking EIGRP only with R4

I don’t see EIGRP routes coming from R5 on R1 and vise versa

However I see them on all BGP only routers (R2,R3,R4), seems like BGP doesn’t redistribute into EIGRP its routes by some reason.

I configured a loopback interface on R3 and advertized the IP add with network command in BGP and I see this route on both EIGRP routers (R1,R5).

Probably I am missing something. Please help… would you please point me to a doc with an example?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Camp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you set a default metric when you configured redistribute bgp X under router eigrp?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gregory Camp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you set a default metric when you configured redistribute bgp X under router eigrp?

So, that was the problem. I cleared the configs and started from s

cratch. What I was missing is default-metrin under router eigrp x.

Thank you very much!

rvr

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

Could you share the configuration related to redistribution.

Do you see routes in the EIGRP topology table.

Chao

Vishwa

Hello,

I agree with Gregory, you should indicate the EIGRP metric to use for BGP redistributed routes into router eigrp section. Using a route-map would be a good solution.

Regards.

Hi,

Are you having metrics for bgp under your eigrp process?

Have it something like this

router eigrp x

redistribute bgp metric xxxx xxx xxx x xxxx

Best Regards,

Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: