cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 for Windows Installation Error

rdotson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install LMS 3.2 by either upgrading our current 2.6 installation or installing a fresh server.  In either case I receive the following error:

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80030309
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (851)
PAPP:CiscoWorks
PVENDOR:Cisco Systems Inc.
PGUID:11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F
$15.0.0.603
@Windows Server2003 Service Pack 2 (3790)
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We have seen this issue with LMS 3.1 with a bad media.

Can you tell us how you are installing the LMS application ? Did you download them from cisco.com/go/marketplace or are you installing this from the CD ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is happening towards the end of the installation, then this is most likely CSCte84743.

No actually it happens just after setup starts.

We have seen this issue with LMS 3.1 with a bad media.

Can you tell us how you are installing the LMS application ? Did you download them from cisco.com/go/marketplace or are you installing this from the CD ?

the install was done from the original CD/DVD's from Cisco.  I can't find a place to download another copy to bur

n.

Try downloading the software from cisco.com/go/marketplace and click on "Cisco Promotional Store" > CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (Windows) 3.2.

This would download an .exe and when you run this .exe file, it would download the LMS 3.2 application. With your existing license file, you will get a full blown version of the software.

I downloaded the trial version and burnt it to DVD and was able to run the install and use my license

file.

Thanks for your help.

randy