cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Import/Export Issue

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to find the easiest way to import BLF speed dials for large number of phones .  It doesnt appear that the BAT file has an option for BLFs.

I have began looking at the Import/Export feature of UCM to perform this function.   Unfortunately every time I try to import a csv with a BLF i get the error:

SEP001122334455 XXXX is not a valid BLF Speed Dial

The annoying thing is that if I create a phone in UCM, then do an export of phone information, i can see the exact CSV format UCM is using.   If i take that same exact file and try to import it i still get the above error.

Has anyone run into this?  Is there an easy fix?   Is there any way to mass import BLFs?

I am currently running UCM 7.1(5)

2 Replies 2

Wes Sisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sounds very similar to

CSCsy59400    Insert Phones doesn't allow DN to be BLF DN

Does the workaround work for you?

Symptom:
Insert Phones doesn't allow DN to be BLF DN

Conditions:
Follow the steps mentioned in Defect Description

Workaround:
Don't give the BLF DN same as DN. First Insert Phones with DN and then add BLF DN using another insert job with override option.

I believe I tried this, but not sure.  I imported phones with all fields except for the BLF fields.   I then ran it again with all fields including the BLF fields with the override box checked.

I can try and run it with the just Device name and BLF fields and see what that will even run.

Where did you get the bug information from?