Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IVR in non HA mode

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help in ICM 7.5 integration in HA mode and Cisco IVR 7.0 in NON HA mode means both the Cisco IVR will remain active at the same time. IVR port licenses would be divided equally for load balance.

I am not getting understand how ICM will do that. ICM will use Translation route to VRU to send the call to first IVR for Prompting but how ICM will send the second call to second IVR.

Please help to make understand.

Regards,

DJ

4 Replies 4

christianluven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

while scripting, use the "%allocation"-node to devide the calls in ech script to both translationroutes to VRU.

So each script will send one call to VRU1 and the next call to VRU2 and so on.

Maybe you want to create a secure fallback, wich checks if the VRU you want to send the call to is active, and if not to send the call to the remaining VRU.

greetings

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

In ICM we are usning single script, do we need to create two translation route to VRU, one for each IVR ot how single translation route to VRU handle to transfer the call to both IVR.

Regards,

DJ

Maybe the attached screenshot describes it a bit better.

You need one Trans.Route for each VRU, the preused allocation  node devides the amount of calls.

But keep in mind that the allocation node works even one VRU is offline.

These calls will be lost then!

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot.

Now i understand.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: