cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Attendant Console drops calls when parking or putting on hold.

Matt Gockel
Level 1
Level 1

This is actually a two part question... I recently installed the Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console and server v. 3.1.1.10, and it's associated with Communications Manager v. 6.1.3. Our user logs into the Attendant Console. When a call comes through, it shows up just fine. But when I try to answer it by pressing the enter key, or by clicking on the answer button in the console software, it says that it's an "invalid state" (even though the call says it's ringing) and won't answer unless I physically pick up the handset on the 7942. I've checked the device/user association and DN/user association, and everything's associated with the user that can possibly be. That's one problem.

The other is, once I do answer a call, if I try to park the call or put it on hold, the call drops and hangs up on both sides. All CTI devices created by the Attendant Server are associated with the user. I've double checked the Calling Search Spaces on all the CTI devices and the CTI Route Point for the Queue, and they are the same as what we use on all of our phones, so they should be routable. User has all the necessary permissions in Call Manager that the Attendant Server installation guide requested. All CTI devices and the route point are registered with Call Manager. Can anyone point me to anything else that might cause this issue? Or give me an example of a configuration that does work?

Thanks for any assistance!

7 Replies 7

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

It sounds like you are running into an issue with the device (phone)

not being associated with the cuea end user account that resides within you call manager.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Unfortunately that is not it either, that was one of the first things I checked. The phone and all the CTI devices are all associated with the Attendant Console user's account, and the primary extension has been assigned, which is the main number that, when dialed, goes to the attendant console.

I was able to get some assistance on this. Once I got the Cisco TSP driver and software reinstalled, the key shortcuts worked. And now I can transfer, park, and put on hold, calls from an internal extension. But if someone calls from an outside line, whether it's local or long distance, it still drops the call if I try to transfer, park, or put the calls on hold. I've been told that I might want to make sure that the Codec our gateway is using is G.711uLaw, but I don't see how the audio codec would cause a call to drop in that manner...

So anyways, still at a loss...

You probably already fixed this, when an incoming external call is coming into the console.  That call will take the CSS of the gateway.  I would make sure that the partition used for your CTI devices (park,hold,transfer) within the console have access to that CSS.  Best of luck

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Thanks Matt. I have the same problem unable to put calls on hold with the Attendant Console. I resolved this by modifying the Region settings in CUCM between the Remote site and the site where CUEAC server is hosted to G.711 (64Kbps). Remember to always keep the reception ladies happy, they are the ones who are in contact with all the bosses in the company.

michael.sikora
Level 1
Level 1

Was there a final resolve ? I'm experiencing identical scenario and have go through all the previous mentioned items.

Yes, actually. We found that the audio codec being used in our system was not compatible with the attendant console. I think we had it at G.729 and we had to change it to G.711 in call manager for it to work correctly. Once we did that, all problems were resolved.

It took Cisco TAC a while to figure that out... hope that helps.

I guess maybe a little more elaboration would be good... it was in the Region configuration in call manager that I had to change this. I created a new region just for the attendant console, assigned all park/cti devices to this region, and made all the region relationships for the new region be G.711.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: