cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM2 Upgrade fails could some one help its urgent!

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
I am trying to upgrade the application image on my NAM-2 Module on the  version 3.6(1a-patch3) to version 4.1(1), I am getting this error:
ERROR: Application installation has failed. View the upgrade log for details

I have successfully upgrade my maintenance image from 2.1(2) to 2.1(5) and it went fine without any issue. After which when i try to upgrade the application image I am getting this error.

Kindly let me know what is causing this why am I not able to upgrade from 3.6 to veriosn 4.1 ?

Any help on this would be highly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the entire output of the upgrade process as well as the "show log upgrade" from the NAM.

HI Joseph,

Thanks for the update. I need to know how can I revert back the maintenance image from 2.1(5) to 2.1(3).  as I have seen earlier couple of guys done this and the upgrade was successfull.

Hence I would appriciate if you can let me know the procedure to revert back the maintenance image from 2.1(5) to 2.1(3)

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your answer.

Regards

Alex,

I hve never backed down a MP version.  However, this shouldn't be necessary.  You should be able to upgrade on MP 2.1(5).  You may want to try the upgrade with the --install option.  This will destroy existing NAM data, but it the reformat may allow the install to complete successfully.