cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM2 Upgrade fails could some one help its urgent!

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
I am trying to upgrade the application image on my NAM-2 Module on the  version 3.6(1a-patch3) to version 4.1(1), I am getting this error:
ERROR: Application installation has failed. View the upgrade log for details

I have successfully upgrade my maintenance image from 2.1(2) to 2.1(5) and it went fine without any issue. After which when i try to upgrade the application image I am getting this error.

Kindly let me know what is causing this why am I not able to upgrade from 3.6 to veriosn 4.1 ?

Any help on this would be highly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the entire output of the upgrade process as well as the "show log upgrade" from the NAM.

HI Joseph,

Thanks for the update. I need to know how can I revert back the maintenance image from 2.1(5) to 2.1(3).  as I have seen earlier couple of guys done this and the upgrade was successfull.

Hence I would appriciate if you can let me know the procedure to revert back the maintenance image from 2.1(5) to 2.1(3)

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your answer.

Regards

Alex,

I hve never backed down a MP version.  However, this shouldn't be necessary.  You should be able to upgrade on MP 2.1(5).  You may want to try the upgrade with the --install option.  This will destroy existing NAM data, but it the reformat may allow the install to complete successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: