Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 Network Design.

yiushongc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody:

I'm new on cisco environment, I have a Nexus 5020 and a cisco router and a T1 and csu/cdu on my network.

The design of my network will be ok with this graphic attempt ?? the type of connectors on the switches are ok ?? or I have to use another type....

________                                                 _______                                                               _______

|SERVER| <-RJ-45-UTP----GLC-T--->|                |<---GLC-T--------------UTP-RJ45-->|                  |---------> INTERNET     

VLAN40                                                  | Nexus   |                                                             | ROUTER |

________                                                |    5020   |                                                             |________|

|SERVER| <-RJ-45-UTP----GLC-T--->|  DHCP  |

|_______|

|    |    |

SFP-SX-MM     |    |    |    SFP-SX-MM

-----------------     |     -------------------

|       FIBER       |           FIBER       |

__|_____        __ |____            ____|___

| Switch1 |      | Switch2 |           | Switch3 |

|  |  |  |  |         |  |  |  |  |                 |  |  |  |  |

VLAN10         VLAN20               VALN30

Somebody can help me with a better design or tips !!!!!

Thank you........

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many servers and users do you have? Do you plan on having just one VLAN?

Hello Collin Clark, I have 5 servers and 150 Users, I planning 4 VLANs, 1 per floor (3) and another one for the servers but I dont know if is better connect the servers of this way or on the distribution switches ??? and the type of connector that I have to use between the nexus and the router and between the server and the nexus are ok ?? or exist another way to connect this devices with a better conectors ??

Tnahk you for your help, I appreciate that !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card