Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 Network Design.

yiushongc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody:

I'm new on cisco environment, I have a Nexus 5020 and a cisco router and a T1 and csu/cdu on my network.

The design of my network will be ok with this graphic attempt ?? the type of connectors on the switches are ok ?? or I have to use another type....

________                                                 _______                                                               _______

|SERVER| <-RJ-45-UTP----GLC-T--->|                |<---GLC-T--------------UTP-RJ45-->|                  |---------> INTERNET     

VLAN40                                                  | Nexus   |                                                             | ROUTER |

________                                                |    5020   |                                                             |________|

|SERVER| <-RJ-45-UTP----GLC-T--->|  DHCP  |

|_______|

|    |    |

SFP-SX-MM     |    |    |    SFP-SX-MM

-----------------     |     -------------------

|       FIBER       |           FIBER       |

__|_____        __ |____            ____|___

| Switch1 |      | Switch2 |           | Switch3 |

|  |  |  |  |         |  |  |  |  |                 |  |  |  |  |

VLAN10         VLAN20               VALN30

Somebody can help me with a better design or tips !!!!!

Thank you........

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many servers and users do you have? Do you plan on having just one VLAN?

Hello Collin Clark, I have 5 servers and 150 Users, I planning 4 VLANs, 1 per floor (3) and another one for the servers but I dont know if is better connect the servers of this way or on the distribution switches ??? and the type of connector that I have to use between the nexus and the router and between the server and the nexus are ok ?? or exist another way to connect this devices with a better conectors ??

Tnahk you for your help, I appreciate that !!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card