cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Desktop on XP using VMware

Chris Gillstrap
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone that has installed Cisco Supervisor Desktop on XP in a VMware environment???  We have it installed and the supervisor logged in but we have no views for agents and no queue data.  Works elswhere on non-VMware machines. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Of course I am sure you already know that installing CAD components or any component for CCX on a VMWare image is not supported, but that said, I have it setup in a lab environment and don't really have any issues like you describe.  Are you able to login to Agent and get that to work on this vmware XP system?  When logged in as agent do you still see nothing in Supervisor?

You can look at this guide and see if it is helpful in troubleshooting the issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008035309f.shtml

Please let me know if this is is helpful and if so please rate this advice!

Mike

bscairnsFS
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Running Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6, Windows XP in VMWare Fusion. I'm able to see agents only when I'm connected via wire AND VMWare Network Adapter setting is Bridged. When wireless I'm out of luck.

I have a few images on ESX machines, including an XP SP3 for agent, supervisor, and desktop admin. This works correctly. The VMware "guests" have their own IP address.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: