Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSVP-TE

Dear Friends

I have bit confusion regarding RSVP bandwidth configuration under physical interface while configuring the MPLS TE.

As per below scenario:

1] Every interface is having 2 MB

2] Two Tunnels configured with 2 MB of bandwidth

3] Tu20 ( RED ) is dynamic - 2 MB

4] Tu10 ( Blue ) is explicit path - 2 MB

My requirement is to have 4 MB bandwidth for traffic flow & as per my understanding I can use both interface i.e. 2MB + 2 MB.

So what ip rsvp bandwidth should configured under physical interface in all router

1.JPG

Regards

Chetan Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Chetan,

you shouldn't use an ip rsvp bandwidth greater then the speed of the interface ( my guess is that you cannot do this)

As you assign ip rsvp bandwidth 2000 on all interfaces the following will happen:

first tunnel to come up will choice a path, the second tunnel if an alternate path exists is setup successfully otherwise it will not be able to become operational.

all this is a dynamic process and you can influence the competition between tunnels by assigning priorities (two types of priorities exist)

to be noted if the first tunnel to come up is the dynamic one and if it takes the path specifiied on the tunnel with an explicit ERO, that other tunnel will not come up unless it has a secondary dynamic path option.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Chetan,

you shouldn't use an ip rsvp bandwidth greater then the speed of the interface ( my guess is that you cannot do this)

As you assign ip rsvp bandwidth 2000 on all interfaces the following will happen:

first tunnel to come up will choice a path, the second tunnel if an alternate path exists is setup successfully otherwise it will not be able to become operational.

all this is a dynamic process and you can influence the competition between tunnels by assigning priorities (two types of priorities exist)

to be noted if the first tunnel to come up is the dynamic one and if it takes the path specifiied on the tunnel with an explicit ERO, that other tunnel will not come up unless it has a secondary dynamic path option.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuslar

Yes  , you are correct .

I was bit confuse with RSVP bandwidth . Because in same senario i got some wired output.

So acutally there was issue with my IGP itself & reason that my explicit path was not operational.

Regards

Chetan Kumar

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Chetan,

if you want to allocate 4 MB bandwidth for the tunnel, you should have bandwidth reservation configured for the MPLS traffic Engineering tunnel interface itself.

if you have 2 TE tunnels to the same destination, priority will define which tunnel traffic will traverse, the (ip rsvp bandwidth) command allows RSVP to discover the bandwidth it can allocate through the whole path for the tunnel.

HTH

Mohamed