cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

term41.default auth failed error on 7941 after factory reset - UCM 8.0

JessicaBroy82_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a 7941 phone. After performing a factory reset on the 7941 phone that was having issues it now is stuck in a continuous loop where it powers on, tries to download term41.default, says auth failed, and the reboots. I have tried setting a static dhcp entry forcing it to point to my UCM 8.0 server but it continues to loop. I have tried multiple factory resets on the same phone with the same results. Other phones, even other 7941 phones register without a problem. I have verified the term41.default.loads file exists on the UCM 8.0 server. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem. I am about ready to smash it into a billion pieces. :-)

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

JessicaBroy82_2
Level 1
Level 1

The phone was actually running 9.0.3s when a factory reset was done. Just to test I did setup the device to load 8.4.4 firmware but it didn't like that either. I am still seeing the same results. I am attaching a capture if you are interested, it doesn't even look like it attempts to grab any other file but term41.default.loads.

Okay, I got it. I went through and deleted the files stored on the UCM tftp server for the 7941 phone, reinstalled SCCP41.8-4-1SR1S and it seems to be upgrading now. Then I will have to go through and upgrade to 8.5.2 and then 8.5.3 then eventually get my way back up to 9.0.3. Thanks Michael for pointing me in the right direction!!!!!! I appreciate your help!

You fixed my day with this

I have similar problem, all are sccp phones running firmware 9.1, Now i am trying to upgrade to 9.3, Some phones are upgrade successfully from 9.1 to 9.3 but some phone rerm41.default auth fail.

From the packet capture, the DHCP server was not responding to the phone's DHCP request.

To do a factory reset, you need DHCP server to deliver TFTP address (option 150) to the phone.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: