Helpful
Replies

CAD Ready and Not Ready Icon

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

All,

We use CCX 7.0 premium.

In UCCX 502, when user is in Ready status, Not Ready icon is greyed out. It is very easy to tell whether agent is Ready or Not Ready. In CCX 7, the icons no longer get greyed out. It is very hard to tell what is the current status of CAD.

I looked at CDA and could not find a fix. Any suggestion how to change it?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something you should be happy about.  Afterall, there's like three or four other ways you can tell if you are not ready.

In UCCX prior to version 7, a lot of people hated how you had to go ready in order to change your not ready reason code from one to another.  You had people in meetings just before lunch, who could not properly code their time for fear of jumping on a 10 to 15 minute phone call.  So these people were reported as meeting for like 2 plus hours, when in fact they were at lunch for half that time.

And there are many other examples of when you would need to change your reason code from one to another without taking a new call.

So along comes UCCX 7, with it's new feature of allowing you to simply click the not ready icon again, and choose a different reason code.  And that's why it's not grayed out anymore.

So you see, you should be happy.  The people spoke, and Cisco listened.  It's great.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something you should be happy about.  Afterall, there's like three or four other ways you can tell if you are not ready.

In UCCX prior to version 7, a lot of people hated how you had to go ready in order to change your not ready reason code from one to another.  You had people in meetings just before lunch, who could not properly code their time for fear of jumping on a 10 to 15 minute phone call.  So these people were reported as meeting for like 2 plus hours, when in fact they were at lunch for half that time.

And there are many other examples of when you would need to change your reason code from one to another without taking a new call.

So along comes UCCX 7, with it's new feature of allowing you to simply click the not ready icon again, and choose a different reason code.  And that's why it's not grayed out anymore.

So you see, you should be happy.  The people spoke, and Cisco listened.  It's great.

Thanks a lot for the answer. It is a good reason. I guess I can use it to quiet complaints from end users.

Instead of looking at the buttons at the top of the screen to see if  the agent is ready or not ready; have them look at the top of the  application window or at the buttom of the screen to see their state.

I have included a screenshot as well.

Joe

Your screen shot looks quite easy to identify the CAD status. It was not the case when the CAD was installed on Windows 7. The Ready and Not Ready button were hard to tell which one was active, and the title bar fond was not bold and was small.

I hope CAD on CCX 8 behaves differently.

Thanks

Wenqian

Hi Wenqian,

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but UCCX 5.0.2 does not support CAD on Windows 7. The first UCCX release that does support Windows 7 is UCCX 8, which is currently available and 7.0.2 which is scheduled to release at the end of the year. Please see the following link for Windows 7 support

Cisco Unified Communications Support for Microsoft Windows  7

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/product_bulletin_c25-563280_ps1846_Products_Bulletin.html

You can also use the Compatibility Matrix as well

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crsmatrxeol.pdf

CAD on Windows 7 for UCCX 8 has the same behavior with regards to ready/not ready buttons. Many customers requested that the agent be able to change reason codes without going ready and this change was implemented for that reason.

Regards,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: