cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Reception handset

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

There have been a couple of discussions about the capabilities of the SPA500 range of handsets, and I need to ask what is the best handset for a receptionist who will be answering calls from an ISDN 10 channel service connected to a UC560?  Calls usually come in one at a time but at times there would be four to five calls at once to be answered.

Thanks

Damian Halloran

5 Replies 5

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Damiam,

Would just any SPA phone with more than 4-5 line buttons work?

Is there just one receptionist that will be answering the calls or are you looking for other types of call coverage when the receptionist is busy, like queueing the call until they are free?

Sorry if I misunderstood your requirements.

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business  Technolog Group
antyeung@cisco.com
Phone:  469.255.7597

Hello Anthony,

All calls would come to a receptionist and if unanswered after three or four rings the call would then go to a hunt group ringing on all staff handsets.

Thanks

If you want to compare between the different SPA phones Steve posted a nice PDF comparing the different models in this forum post-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3151388#3151388

It doesn't seem like you have very specific needs. For starters you need to decide if you want a monochrome or a color phone and how many buttons you want on the phones. If the receptionist plans to have speed dials or buttons for BLF, you probably want the receptionist to have at least 8 buttons and maybe look into the sidecard... but then again it really depends on how the receptionist plans to use the phone.

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business  Technolog Group
antyeung@cisco.com
Phone:  469.255.7597

I think the question is being taken too literally and pedantically.

All I am after is if you were in my shoes and had a client who is averse to spending money, and their receptionist has the requirements below what is the most appropriate handset without spending too much money.

I am leaning toward the SP504G with the 500S expansion module but will they be able to handle multiple concurrent calls with this handset or any of the SPA500 range since there is no such thing as an octo-line on these handsets.

How would I configure a SPA500 handset to handle multiple incoming calls?

Thanks, and the kindest of regards,

Damian Halloran

I think the point of the question has be misconstrued.

Create multiple DN's with the same number and use the preferenece command and then assign the DN's to the keys on the phone with labels line 1, line 2 etc.

Alternatively use a sequential hunt group and place the multiple DN's in the hunt group and then assign DN's to keys.The hunt group pilot number would be the main incoming number.

Not to sure how CCA reacts to multiple DN's with the same number.You may be able to create dummy mac-address in CCA and assign them DN's.

You would be able to use any phone with multiple keys to acheive the desired result based on above configuration.

Read the out of band configuration guide.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9809

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: