I'm having problems with my WRP400 router. I tried to diagnose the problem for weeks, but I cannot find the solution.
After calling/receiving the call during the conversation, 2-5 seconds pause occur every 1-2 minutes. Neither caller or receiver can hear anything in this break. Quality of the conversation is very high. Connecting/disconnecting other devices does't change the effect of the problem.
1) PC with IP 192.168.15.2 connected to router 192.168.15.1, WAN of the router has public IP
2) Internet connection 8/1 MBit/s, tested with tool says "green" to jitter etc.
3) WRP400 with updated firmware to 2.00.05
4) QoS set up with high priority to UDP ports 10000-20000
5) Jitter level set to extremly high
6) Rest is default
1) I've installed the voip communicator on pc and the problem does't occur (so the network is fine)
2) The ping test from PC says "packet loss" during the break. It does't matter what I ping (provider, router gateway or even router!)
3) The WAN led on router blinks rapidly during the conversation as well as during the breaks.
I have a feeling that voip part of the router "stucks" for couple of seconds
Please advise what to test/check/change and do next.
This is a known issue and will be resolved in an upcoming firmware release. It's supposed to be ready at end of Aug or beginning of Sept and will be posted to cisco.com.