Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 Installation

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

HI..

I am trying to install Unity 7.0 using config assistant wizard. I do not want to integrate it with Domino or Exchange currently and planning to integrate later on. However during installation, at Message Store option i am forced to select either Exchange or Domino. Is there any way i can do this withot Domino or Exchange.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Aj

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not with the Unity product. It utilizes one of those two as its message repository. To be honest, if you are going to through the pain of installing that product, you should just integrate it from day one and be done. If for some reason you don't want to give the users single-inbox unified messaging you can create new accounts/mailboxes in a different message store.

Also, if you do not want to do unified messaging, you could also install Exchange on the Unity server. This was the old voicemail-only deployment model.

To follow up on Jonathan's response and to confirm his answer...

There is no Unity without Exchange or Domino integration.

Hailey

is the option to install unity in a Voice-Mail only deployment model available in unity 7 or the integration is a must?

It requires Exchange. Unity Connection is the standalone product.

Sent from my iPhone

thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: