cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup - BLF while on call

bgottlieb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA-504G running 7.4.4 with BLF on a Broadsoft switch.

1) While the phone is idle (not on a call) and a monitored user's line rings, a Call Pickup can occur from this attendant phone. However, if the receptionist is on the phone and a call comes in on a monitored line, the receptionist would like to place the call on hold and do a Call Pickup on the incoming call. This does not work and results in a "re-order" tone.

I have tested this same scenario with the same users with a Polycom phone running BLF and was successful, so I do not believe it has anything to do with the Broadsoft's users' capabilities or services.

2) The receptionist would also like to pick up a "second" call to a monitored user. I.e., a monitored user is already on the phone and a second call comes into the user. When the receptionist pushes the button and tries to pick up the call, the call fails as well.

Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Please try 7.4.6 which is now on cisco.com, you should be able to put the current call on hold and do a call pickup.

Upgraded to 7.4.6.

Still no good. When on an active call, I see a monitored user ringing in. Place active call on hold and press the button of the "ringing" monitored user. Cisco phone display changes to "Blind Transfer Target". Does not pick up the call.

I can provide pcap privately if you wish.

We'll need that cap and also the config, please use your browser and login as admin/advanced and save the htm file and send that as well.

PCAP and Config files (w/passwords removed)

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM, nseto

Testing has verified that this is indeed broken...since 7.4.4.  A bug has been entered and this issue will be addressed in the next release.

For reference, the bug ID is

CSCti31524
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: