Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Calls to FXO in SRST

afischer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I just brought a new site on-line and mimicked the configuration of my existing sites.  Everything was working properly except for inbound calling.  I have an analog phone line terminated on FXO port 0/0/0 that is used for 911/inbound/outbound dialing for SRST.

Normally I utilize the default dial peer to provide secondary dial on inbound calls, this allows us to dial any extension we wish in an SRST scenario.  The reason for this is because WAN outage for us are very rare and we don't publish or route calls to our SRST analog lines.

The issue I'm having is when i call into the analog line that is attached to FXO port 0/0/0 it just keeps ringing, and the call is not picked up by the default dial peer.  I cant seem to find the reason for this because the configuration is exactly the same as at my other sites.  I attached a list of all my dial peers below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dial-peer voice 999000 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 90001 pots
description Service
destination-pattern 9[2-8]11
port 0/0/0
forward-digits 3
!
dial-peer voice 90002 pots
description 10-digit Local
destination-pattern 9[2-9][02-9]........
port 0/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 90003 pots
description 10-digit Local
destination-pattern 9[2-9].[02-9].......
port 0/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 90004 pots
description 11-digit Long Distance
destination-pattern 91[2-9][02-9]........
port 0/0/0
prefix 1
!
dial-peer voice 90005 pots
description 11-digit Long Distance
destination-pattern 91[2-9].[02-9].......
port 0/0/0
prefix 1
!
dial-peer voice 90006 pots
description International
destination-pattern 9T
port 0/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 90007 pots

description emergency
destination-pattern 911
port 0/0/0

forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 90008 pots

description emergency
destination-pattern 9911
port 0/0/0

forward-digits 3

3 Replies 3

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So you *want* to have secondary dialtone on an inbound call on the FXO port?

On an inbound call on 0/0/0, if the port is registered then 999000 is going to get matched and it's going to kick of MGCPAPP and send events to CM.

I assume you're testing with the gateway not registered via MGCP, right?

Do you have this configured, so that we'll revert to the default call control API when MGCP is down:

application
      global
         service alternate default

Also, what version of IOS are you running?  Secondary dialtone is disabled by default starting with 15.1(2)T and going forward.  It is re-enabled with 'secondary-dialtone' under the voice-port.

If you get these debugs, it will shed more light on what is occurring.

debug mgcp pack

debug vpm sig

debug voip ccapi inout

Hello

Sorry for the delay, i was aware from the office for the last month.  I am still having this issue, but I have re-thought how I'd like the system to work in SRST.  I now want the system to route the call directly to the receptionist extension while the system is in SRST mode.

I have applied the listed commands to my FXO port which the telephone terminates on.  2892 is the extension of the receptionists phone that and it does register in SRST mode.

voice port 0/0/0

timing hookflash-out 500

connection PLAR 2892

When I call into the phone line the ISR answers the call but returns a fast busy.  Any suggestions as to what the cause is would be a big help.

Can you get the following during a failure when the phone is registered in SRST?

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

sh call-manager-fallback all

sh voice call sum

sh dial-peer voice sum

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: